Restart Plan for Massage Therapy
For our patients:
We are happy to announce that we will gradually be reopening the clinic starting July 1st, 2020. We have taken all necessary precautions to ensure we can safely provide services. This does mean there will be some changes and new protocols you will need to be aware of.
We will start to contact those who had appointments prior to the clinic closure. Please understand this may take some time. We will do our very best to accommodate everyone as we know you have been waiting patiently for treatment. Please note that if you had an appointment that was booked in advance, appointment times may need to be adjusted to allow for appointment staggering and allow for as much social distancing as possible.
What you need to know before coming in for your appointment:
• We will email you a covid-19 questionnaire and consent to treatment that must be filled out prior to your appointment.
• Upon arrival if you exhibit any symptoms your appointment will be cancelled.
• We ask that you do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment and please come alone.
• We ask that you wear a mask when entering our space. Please bring your own, as we don’t have additional supply. This will be mandatory for the entirety of the treatment.
• Please come in the door 5 minutes prior to your start time.
• Please enter the building with your mask on, and keep it on for the duration of your stay.
• You must sanitize your hands upon entry of the clinic.
• Patients will be screened again at reception.
If you or anyone in your household is immune compromised, we would recommend holding off on treatments at this time. Although we are taking every precaution to do our due diligence to clean, sanitize and stop the spread of covid-19, we can not completely guarantee that you will not come in contact with it while in our clinic. In the consent to treatment during covid-19, you agree that you are aware of theses risks and consent to receiving treatment despite the risk involved.
• Additional time has been scheduled between patients to allow for thorough cleaning
• All surfaces will be disinfected with a Canada Health Approved for use against covid-19
• All high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected, including: lights, doorknobs, railings, table, face cradle, pillows, lotion bottle, electronic devices, stools.
• Therapists will wear face masks at all times while with a patient and will be changed with each patient
Asymptomatic transmission of the virus is an unavoidable risk of practice until we’ve acquired herd immunity or there is an effective treatment or vaccine against covid-19. We have put into place protocols to help mitigate that risk; however, no guarantees can be made by the therapist that the patient may not come in contact with covid-19 during their visit to the clinic.
In the event that a patient tests positive for covid-19 having been to a massage therapy appointment within 14 days prior to the onset of symptoms, the patient must contact the therapist and inform her of positive test results and possible transmission.
We understand that these are a lot of changes but We see this as our best course of action based on our requirements of our health authorities right now. Thank you for your understanding and we are happy to answer any questions or concerns our may have.